By Eileen F. Toplansky
As a soldier, I want to thank you for ensuring that I will have less than adequate protection in a field of military action now that the president has reduced military expenditures. In fact, "Aerospace Industries Association, a trade group, released a study that projected the sector would lose in the neighborhood of 350,000 direct and supplier jobs under [Obama's] automatic cuts." That will certainly help the already burgeoning unemployment rate.
As a senior, I want to thank you for ensuring that as I age, I will have some faceless bureaucrat tell me that I cannot have cataract surgery or hip surgery. The Independent Payment Advisory Board, a board of 15 unelected officials, now has the power to cut Medicare spending without congressional approval. This will result in restrictions to my access to providers, treatments, and services. Thus, my friends and I will experience what our counterparts in Great Britain are facing.
As a hospital director, I want to thank you for ensuring that medical devices and testing equipment that used to be the bulwark of medical care in the U.S. will now be curtailed.
As a Medicare beneficiary, I want to thank you for voting in a man who has determined that as of October 2012, anyone "returning to the hospital within 30 days of discharge will be denied treatment because the hospitals will be denied payment. Furthermore, low income patients will be particularly hard hit with this new regulation.
As an employee of the medical device industry, I want to thank you for reducing my job since next year the industry will see a 2.3-percent excise tax applied to medical devices and as a result will pay for this tax by eliminating my job and passing the increased costs on to the consumer.
As a Catholic, I want to especially thank you for your total lack of empathy as it concerns my religious conscience since my religious charity, hospital, and schools will be forced to pay for contraceptives including abortion-inducing drugs. For that matter, as a person of conscience with no particular religious affiliation, I want to thank you for the draconian trampling of individual conscience which used to be a hallmark of American exceptionalism.
As a citizen, I am delighted by the new 21 additional taxes that I will be mandated to pay as a result of the ObamaCare law.
As an illegal, I am thankful that I will now be eligible for free health care services since Obama pushed opened the door for illegals to become citizens -- yet another example of "executive overreach" on an issue that should have included congressional representation.
As a Jew, I want to thank you for making me uneasy about your support for the only democratic country in the Middle East. I was impressed by Obama's disdain for the prime minister of Israel.
As a jihadist, I really want to thank you for your $1.5-billion support for the Muslim Brotherhood, a group that vows to destroy Israel, exterminate all Jews, and infiltrate the United States and conquer her from within.
As a Coptic Christian, I want to thank you for never speaking out as I and thousands of other Coptic Christians are being murdered in the streets of Egypt. Odd that Obama does not speak up for those Nigerian blacks being slaughtered, either.
As a woman, I want to thank you for your specious claim to care for us, knowing all the while that you support people who support sharia law, that most misogynistic law that countenances honor killing, and second-class citizenship for women.
As a black man, I want to thank you for your low view of me as you continue to pander to and expect less from me. I am capable of doing well academically and socially and do not need special dispensations to succeed. Furthermore, ObamaCare will penalize marriage just when the black community needs to strengthen the family structure, not weaken it.
As a Hispanic man, I want to thank you for continually offending me as you consider that I am incapable of learning English and bettering myself. Instead, by supporting President Obama, you give strength to groups like La Raza who wish to destroy American initiative, the very opportunity for which I came to this country. Gracias! This is covert racism instead of overt racism.
As a citizen, I wish to thank you because by voting Obama in for a second term, you are giving your blessing to a justice system that is riddled with deceit and injustice. Your vote will maintain Eric Holder, the only attorney general to be found in contempt of Congress. He is the man who ignored the very public voter intimidation by the Black Panthers in 2008.
As a mechanic with Boeing in South Carolina, I want to thank you for the heavy-handed tactics that will continue as Obama tells companies where they may set up shop. That surely will decrease the competitive spirit and will remind us that we no longer have the freedom to build businesses wherever we choose.
As a farmer, I especially want to thank you for re-electing a man who enables the EPA to engage in a water war with farmers since 2009, basically putting me out of business.
As an environmentally concerned citizen, I want to thank you for the ongoing money pits that have raided my pocketbook but have only resulted in one failed "green" economy job after another. I know that I will never see a dime of the money that Obama took from my taxes and I truly appreciate it.
As a resident of Arizona, I particularly want to express my gratitude for voting in a man who would have the United Nations -- a group of empathetic, caring nations if ever there were one -- tell me that I must adhere to their notion of rights for mankind. Mr. Obama has nothing but contempt for my state, which is only trying to abide by federal immigration laws.
As a terrorist, I want to thank you for giving President Obama yet another pass as he does nothing about securing the southern border. Why, just the other day, my jihadist brothers, posing as Mexicans, were able to pass through the porous border and set up shop in America.
As a diplomat, I want to thank you, because now I will feel even more insecure when I write to Obama asking for more military reinforcements as threats to my life and other diplomats' lives increase. It will be comforting to know that our messages will be ignored and that specious reasons will be offered when any one of us is sodomized and murdered.
As a beleaguered member of the alternative media, I want to thank you because once Obama has nothing to fear during his second term, he will surely clamp down on the freedom of the press -- you remember that nasty little item that is part of the First Amendment. How do I know this -- this White House never hesitates to browbeat and actually call news media to tell them to cut a story that the White House sees as unfavorable1.
As an intelligence officer, I want to thank you for re-electing a man who has no compunction to leak top security information that puts me and my colleagues at risk. More importantly, it gives the enemy all the ammunition it needs to see a weakened America and act accordingly.
As a Pole, I want to thank you for voting, because I see my birthplace yet again made vulnerable. After all, one of the first things Obama did was eliminate the missile defense system, and Obama's open-microphone reassurance to Putin's henchman did little to quell my fears.
As a student, I want to thank you for Obama's re-election because he is a role model of elegance and eloquence. He goes on the Pimp with the Limp show and hosts Beyoncé and her husband Jay-Z, whose lyrics would make my mama cringe. If I used them, I would have my mouth washed out with soap. But hey, man, if the prez can give his blessin', it must be good, right?
As a single woman, I want to thank you for giving Obama a second term, since he seeks to curtail my right to bear arms. That pesky Second Amendment really irks this man.
As a venture capitalist, I want to express my gratitude, since I am totally incapable of making anything on my own. I don't take the financial risks; I don't gamble everything on an idea that might work or might not; I don't tinker in my garage to invent the next electronic gizmo that might prove helpful. Nah, I am a nobody in this administration, which seeks to control my every move and demean my very existence.
As a college graduate, I want to thank you for ensuring that I will only have part-time work, if that, because of Obama's attack on the economy. Does he really think that businesses are not going to adapt to his draconian edicts? They will simply not hire me -- or if they do, it will be part-time. So here I am, in the prime of my earning years, and I have already fallen behind.
As a youngster, I want to thank you for giving Obama a second term so that I will be saddled with even more than the $17 trillion of debt I have already sustained through no fault of my own. I certainly don't want to have the good life that my parents worked so hard to achieve. I don't want to buy my own house or take vacations.
As a plumber, I want to thank you for vindicating Joe, who early on said that Obama's vision was a socialist one.
As an oil man, I want to thank you for re-electing a man who has put a moratorium on oil production. This will surely make us energy-dependent on other countries, even though we have enough oil for a hundred years if we could only drill.
There is so much to be grateful for when you re-elect Obama. To those who cannot see through the unending prevarications and outright lies, I do not understand your denial of the evidence that is there for all to see. To those who innocently believe that Obama can be the messiah, I say you have been hoodwinked.
If you think that you will be safe from the intrusions and totalitarian disposition of this administration, think again. Repeatedly, there have been warnings, and it behooves you to take them seriously. This is the precipice, and there will be no turning back if Barack Hussein Obama gets a second term.
Obama's Second Term
By Ron Kilmartin
The first term was dedicated to revving up the socialist engine with ObamaCare passage. President Obama has given us many indications of where he wants to go with a second term, although he has not discussed these in his campaign. Some of these are listed here.
1. Implementation of Obama care, turning over the care of our bodies to mindless bureaucrats, with exorbitant taxes and death panels.
2. Demand that religious institutions and hospitals to conform to his atheistic Obamacare regulations promoting abortion and sexual promiscuity.
3. Implementation of a civilian security force just as strong and just as well financed as the Defense Department. That would be over 200,000 storm troopers with a budget of X trillion, -- i.e., the same as DoD. Why would we need 200,000 storm troopers? Is that what he thinks is necessary to put down a middle-class revolution? Sounds a bit like the Nazi Gestapo or the Soviet secret police: NKVD. Further, he bought 1.2 billion rounds of hollow point ammo -- enough to drill each of us with 40 rounds apiece. Hollow points are illegal for all the world's armed forces -- outlawed by Geneva convention. They can turn a 45-cal bullet into a 1' Explosive inside your body. Why, Mr. O? Why?
4. Taking over other American industries like he did GM and attempt to make them into a socialist success story, like the British railroads (which Maggie Thatcher returned to private enterprise). Yes, the government knows how to run a business, e.g., the Post Office.
5. Imposing Chicago-style regionalism to destroy suburbs through Building One America (BOA), run by his former Alinsky cronies. BOA to administer all grant funds granted to regional councils. Regional councils to supplant cities and kidnapped suburbs as new and only government authority. Role of state government subservient to the Washington tyrant. The aim of the councils will be to redistribute the wealth of the suburbs to the cities. This is an effort distinct from Agenda 21, which has overlapping objectives in terms of abolishing property rights and constructing Chicago-style projects centered on railroad stations. A major feature of this thrust will be racist, pitting Blacks and Latinos against Caucasians and Asians.
6. Continued implementation of the stealth objective of United Nations Agenda 21, cramming the people into apartment buildings.The enviro-nazis love this agenda because it undercuts the family unit by not allowing living space for raising kids in a traditional American environment. It thus undercuts further the social fabric, discouraging marriage and reproduction, and thus aiding their holiest satanic goal, population reduction.
7. Subscription to the U.N. Convention on the rights of the child, signing a treaty to make this U.N. mandate from hell supersede our constitution and the right of parents to control and raise their children. No spanking!
8. Subscribing to the U.N. treaty on gun control superseding the Second Amendment of the Bill of Rights.
9. Subscribing to the U.N. (Islamic) Anti-Blasphemy Treaty preventing Americans from exercising their First Amendment rights to say whatever they want, on any subject, including religions.
10. Subscribing to the U.N. Convention on the Law of the Sea, imposing on freedom of the seas for our Navy and Merchant Marine and on our national sovereignty over coastal lands, and imposing yet another wealth-distribution scheme.
11. Continue implementation of EPA rules for destroying American business and American jobs. He has no concept of how the American economic system works and the fatal blow this will give to the economy; or, maybe, he is not really stupid but cunningly evil, with an objective of exactly that: destroying the economy so that a new utopian gulag can be built from the ashes.
12. Wipe out the coal industry and with it cause major decrease in electric power availability and reliability. A direct effect will be a decline in jobs throughout industry and computer-dependent white-collar jobs, and further no-growth as our industry moves from first class to third-world class with only intermittent low-grade electric power (Ask the flooded and electric powerless people of Staten Island and the New Jersey coastline how they like the desolation of broken-down society and no water or electric power).
13. Introduction of sharia law into the American legal system for the Muslims, and dhimmifying the American public by providing the Muslims with all the trappings of supremacy that their religion tells them they should have. Recall that Obama said that the call to prayer is the most beautiful sound he had ever heard. We can assume that we will be hearing this five times a day on loudspeakers throughout America. (I wonder if he has that on his iPad for praying five times a day?).
14. Continuing to support the climate hoax and using it to stop oil, gas, and coal production, together with the cap and trade plan to administer the coup de grace to our power utilities and to any businesses still standing.
15. Massive increases in taxes on the middle class amounting to wealth confiscation. This will not only be through income tax but also massive sales taxes and ObamaCare taxes on everything.
16. Continued downsizing of the military and weakening of our global power to protect our allies and control or suppress petty tyrants with weapons of mass destruction. Most of all limiting the military capability for defending the nation.
17. Continued do-nothing policy on the illegal alien problem, leading to murderous criminal gang expansion throughout the country on a scale not known since prohibition
18. Continuing a Middle East policy of blindly attempting to foster democracy in Muslim societies. As their leaders have often proclaimed, democracy is evil and not compatible with Islam. Paraphrasing Einstein, continuing to attempt the same failed solutions again and again and expecting a different result is pure insanity.
19. Continuing to ignore our ally Israel and the need to draw a line in the sand against Iran as Benjamin Netanyahu called for.
20. A continued failure to follow up opportunities of the moment, as when the Iranian people rose up against the Mullah regime. He sided with the mullahs.
21. Continuing to follow Alinsky's Rules for Radicals to lead from behind while our enemies follow Sun Tzu, The Art of War.
22. If elected to a second term his overriding objective will be to get a 3rd term by whatever hook or crook he can get it, possibly including a new Amendment or a burn-the-Reichstag approach circumventing Congress completely. These are just the highlights of Obama Term 2.
By Monica Crowley
It is profoundly disturbing to watch a once-great power commit suicide in real time.
There will be a lot of argument made about why Mitt Romney (and so many other Republicans lost last night): he ran a poor campaign, he played it too safe, President Obama ran a more effective campaign, the Democrats' bogus "war on women" worked, Republicans have to find a way to "talk" to women and Latinos and black voters...And on and on. All background noise and not particularly relevant right now.
A very slight majority---but a majority---of the American people KNOWINGLY chose four more years (at least) of high unemployment, anemic economic growth, break-the-bank spending, unsustainable and record-breaking deficits and debt, unpopular and bankrupting socialized medicine, and record numbers of people on food stamps and living in poverty. They KNOWINGLY chose four more years....of this.
A lot of folks are attributing Obama's win more to his hypnotic hold on so many people than his actual policies, but I think that's too simplistic a view. While Obama IS a uniquely seductive figure---and while many still feel a deep emotional investment in the first black president---it IS his policies which are---paradoxically---responsible for his win.
When Obama came into office in January 2009, he had three main, overarching goals: first, to expand government as fast and as widely as possible; the ultimate objective of that was to expand the number of people dependent of government as fast and as widely as possible; and the ultimate objective of THAT was to leverage it into a permanent Democrat voting majority. If you are getting a constant stream of freebies from a government promising to stick it to the other guy while providing you with cradle-to-grave "security," you are less likely to vote out the guy doling out the free stuff.
Obama had a multi-pronged strategy to achieve those three goals, but two were particularly effective. First, he chose a path of divide and conquer to pit Americans against each other in order to make it easier to slide in his radical redistributionist agenda. He divided us by class, gender, race, and age. He turned the American motto, "E Pluribus Unum" ("Out of Many, One") upside down. It is now, "Out of One, Many." The American experiment cannot go on as it once did driven by divisions and envy rather than uniting values and common goals.
The other thing Obama understood was that if you expand government and dependency on it AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE, you take the sting out of a bad economy. The more government aid and programs to "take care" of you during an economic crisis, the less likely you are to throw the bums out who caused---or who are prolonging---the economic crisis. Therefore, by exploding government dependency, many Americans who would normally be bearing the brunt of this atrocious economy do not feel the kind of acute pain they would have in the past. As recently as 15 to 20 years ago, an incumbent presiding over this kind of disastrous economy would be thrown out on his ear (see: Jimmy Carter; see: George H.W. Bush. Carter's economy was dismal, but Bush 41 got tossed for a much milder economic downturn than the epic disaster of the Obama economy).
Take the big pain out of a bad economy by getting people dependent, win elections. Get that coveted permanent Democrat voting majority. Although the results were extremely close last night and the country is fairly well divided, enough dependents and those who love dependency chose that path to bring us close to that permanent Democrat voting majority---if we're not already there. Normal Americans look at Obama's economic record and see destruction. Obama, his fellow leftists, and now, sadly, a slight majority of Americans, look at it and see a success.
Obama strived mightily to get us to that tipping point, and he may have achieved it. Four more years and we will be well past it.
We must now negotiate our way around this new America: one of ever-bigger government, greater dependency, higher taxes, ever-more spending and crippling debt, socialized medicine, and dwindling freedom. It's a bleak future---one that resembles more the imploding nations of Western Europe than the United States of America---but it's one that we MUST...and more importantly CAN....fight.
It may very well be that it's going to take a full-blown crisis to wake us from our torpor. We may have to be broken before we can begin to put ourselves back together again. After all, the slight majority who voted for Obama and the status quo also rejected the responsible plans of Romney and Paul Ryan to deal with the imminent crises NOW, BEFORE they blow up and consume us. But the majority has chosen to close its eyes and float along for now. But at some point, the laws of economics WILL kick in and the reckoning WILL come. So we may have to experience a Western European-style crisis---complete with catastrophic economic collapse and social upheaval---before we can start to fix it.
It's an ugly reality, but it may very well be the case.
And that's why we must never give up. We must never give in. We must never surrender. We must fight for this beloved country. It may be slipping beneath the waves, but it can still be rescued.
I know it's tough to be a Happy Warrior this morning. We're not feeling very happy, and we're exhausted from the fight. But take a deep breath and realize two things: America CAN be saved, and she is WORTH SAVING.
It's going to require even more hard work and more focus and more energy. But we don't just give up on America. We fight for her. And today (or maybe tomorrow---even God needed a day of rest), we begin the fight anew.